piątek, 23 grudnia 2016

Gradence fluff strikes again


It’s been a quiet evening. Having already finished all of the work he needed to do in home, Credence sat on the comfortable couch with a book in his hand. Earlier he made himself some hot cocoa and covered himself with a cozy sweater which belonged to Percival. Credence found himself pushing his nose into the nice material and sniffling it. The smell was so distinctly Percival it almost made him cry.
Then he had heard some noise near the door. He shut down the book without marking the page and looked up. And there he was. Percival Graves. His first friend, then lover and then husband. Who was looking as handsome as ever and also keeping a box wrapped in a silver paper in his hands.
“For you, my dear. I apologise, I know I should’ve been here hours ago, it’s… the job. Picquery was quite demanding today. Wanted me to stay until midnight, that annoying woman. Anyway, I had been looking for your gift for quite some time. Just… open it, please,” he murmured, handing him the box. Credence smiled when he spotted two red spots decorating Percival’s face. His husband always looked so delectable while flustered.
“Thank you. I really appreciate it, honey.” Then he gently unwrapped his gift, feeling giddy and impatient. He closed his eyes for a second before opening the box, wanting to remember this moment forever. To imprint it in his memory and don’t forget any detail.
After removing the wrapping and a lid his eyes fell on a most beautiful ring he had ever seen. It was made of silver and had the most entrancing red gemstone. Overall, it looked not only expensive, but also elegant.
“Oh, honey… it’s lovely,” he said, biting his lower lip. “I love it. Thank you so much.”
Percival smiled cheerfully. He looked kind of relieved, as if he doubted that Credence would like his gift.
“I know that you already wear the most important ring on your finger,” here he pointed at the gold ring Credence got on their wedding day, “but I wanted you to have this one for such a long time. You see, it belonged to my grandmother. My grandfather gave it to her on their fifth anniversary. I know that ours was almost a year ago, but I just wanted to see you wearing it.”
Credence’s cheeks grew hotter. He stuttered for a while, trying to find appropriate words. He felt his eyes becoming wetter with every second.
“Thank you so much, honey. I’ll be honored to wear it. I… I’m really so glad. I love you and it means the world to me.” He remained unmoved when Percival took the ring from the box and gently put in on Credence’s finger.
“It’s beautiful,” whispered the younger man, still smiling. Percival sat on the couch next to him. His eyes widened when he noticed that Credence’s eyes looked wet.
“Oh, please, j-just don’t cry. I can’t handle that. You know how it makes me feel. Like I’ve failed you,” he said quickly, grabbing Credence and hugging him tightly. Younger man chuckled weakly.
“I can’t promise not to cry when you’re being so thoughtful and nice. I can’t help it,” answered Credence, putting his head on Percival’s shoulder. With a delicate shake of his hand Credence played on the radio some Christmas related song. He sighed happily, closing his eyes.
“Merry Christmas, honey.”
“Merry Christmas, Credence,” he heard just before he drifted off to sleep.




Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz